What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work with Finance Director(s) to oversee the P&L for FIGS’ E-Commerce business segment, including monthly variance analysis, reporting to executive leadership, and month-end close responsibilities
- Serve as the Finance counterpart in the department budget review process. Build relationships with budget owners to help them manage their plans while understanding the drivers behind their portions of the business
- Partner with the Revenue team & Cross-Functional department leads to ensure investment dollars are allocated to the most impactful long-term growth drivers
- Work with Data Science to continue building, maintaining, and improving FIGS’ data insights function
- Partner cross-functionally to deliver analytical insights across the organization, automating where possible
- Work with the Accounting team on strategic process improvements and ERP implementation-related tasks
- Special projects and ADHOC analysis to evaluate opportunities and support actionable business decisions
What it takes to succeed in this role:
- Positive attitude, proven work ethic and integrity
- A strong command of Finance and an analytical mindset; we’re numbers people first
- Someone who can take a task from 0 to 100 without a lot of direction; a self-starter that makes it happen
- The ability to synthesize large sets of data from multiple, sometimes unrelated, sources
- An interest in e-commerce business drivers and going beyond the numbers to understand the business
- Flexibility, an eager team player looking to thrive in a fast-growing environment
- An unrelenting attention to detail; you hate making mistakes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantitative or Business field
- 2-4 years of experience in FP&A, Strategy, Investment Banking, or Management Consulting
- Excel mastery and familiarity with Google Sheets
- Proficiency with SQL and/or other business intelligence tools (Looker, Power BI, Tableau), a plus
- Proficiency with Accounting / FP&A tools (Netsuite, Planful), a plus
- E-commerce, consumer products, or retail experience, a major plus
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.