What is the professional reality for any Sales Manager? You are only as good as your weakest link allows you to be.
I am often asked by Sales Managers what the secret is to getting sales solutions quickly.
Here is part of what we do and it reflects how we get to increase sales, quickly and cost effectively for major benefits such as:
Easily accessible sales bottom line skills knowledge & training with an 8 step process. A system for individual coaching irrespective of sales team size. Goal setting & drive are at the heart of successful sales with a simple to follow process made available to individuals
Access to online sales and sales manger coaching with blended learning techniques sales bottom line. The collective hands-on sales and Sales Manager industry expertise of our sales bottom line specialists using our proven COG System cover all aspects of Selling, Prospecting and Lead Generation by an experienced battle hardened 15 year veteran of the internet & social networking environment.
- Pricing Analysts & Specialists.
- Sales Database Engineers and in the cloud Management.
- Proposal and Presentation Specialists.
- Sales and People Management,
- Sales Training and Motivation,
- Social media Policies and Procedural matters,
- Sales Manager Compliance Issues,
- Web 2.0, Sales,
- Special Seminar Events,
- Customer Service & CRM specialists.
- Marketing Integrators.
- Organizational gap fillers plus niche and sales systems.
Once we start digging, the real sales picture will quickly emerge.
Before these solutions can be executed, authority should be sought from the Sales Manager or sales representative who has been given permission to over see such projects for unfettered access to the sales team including all existing methods and manuals. The sales task force, working with the sales manager will set about discreetly, or otherwise, unearthing the real reasons behind the current situation – good or bad. These facts will then be reconciled against the sales bottom line information that has already been previously supplied by sales management to Head Office.
Any discrepancies that exist between those two lists, the Sales Manager and the sales person list, will then be red flagged as both important and urgent. In other words, by drilling right to the core of the problems with your sales bottom line with bankable rapidity.
The first question you want answered is, “What is actually happening when the Sales Manager and management are not there?” Such as out in the field, 2.00pm Friday afternoon, in other words a complete picture.
But, when you start putting their sales people under pressure, the Sales Manager should be informed to be prepared for any of the following traits in their salespersons:
- weaker less enthusiastic
- poorer performers
- out of their depth
- bored or sheltering in a comfort zone
- unmotivated with disruptive attitudes
- adverse to instructions from the management
- no idea about sales bottom line
- no goals or enthusiasm for improvement
To resist, feel nervous, threatened, the blame game, or come under so much team mate pressure they leave to become someone else’s headache. Some else’s problem perhaps.
Call us old fashioned if you like, but we’re from the school that considers taking an unscheduled 10 minute break, talking to friends on a mobile phone during work hours, abusing the company internet & social media policies or giving shoddy service to clients as tantamount to theft and should be treated as such.
Yes. We recommend that you do adopt a somewhat hard-nosed common-sense, roll the sleeves up, get down and get the hands dirty approach. That comes from our sales task force collective of over 50 years combined international experience knowing and executing what really works at all levels, from small local sales teams to large International multi cultural ones. But this is only for the initial preparation stage and prior to the transition to performance enhancement.
Pre planning prevents poor performance!
You should ask questions about your business, your sales goals, your ideal prospective clients and your clients. These questions will help underpin your Sales Bottom Line Blueprint with sustainable profitable solutions. This is far more than just a “survival turn around kit” for sales driven organizations.
It is a complete step-by-step action plan of what to do to ensure the sales and profit at better margins heads upwards on the graph.
Any organization who is trying to find ways to increase their Sales Bottom Line should also carry out a complete and extremely confidential assessment of everything related to sales. Whether you have them or not here are just some of the elements of your sales bottom line that we at Sales Drive scrutinize and perfect, listed in no particular order.
- Individual salespeople performance, attitude towards the Sales Manager, time management, punctuality, promise making, delivery, tasking, recruitment
- Compliance issues, confidentiality and security
- Ideas, creativity, expanded thinking, sales presentation, service
- Occupational Health & Safety manuals, operations manuals, policies, training manuals
- All sales and Sales Manager performance to date
- Sales budgets
- Checklists, daily activity lists, sales orders
- Flow charts, procedures, delivery
- Understanding of client issues, ability to uncover potential lost opportunities for clients and other matters
- Sales commitments and obligations
- Client prospecting, segmented marketing, sales event mix, special attractions and reasons to buy
- Equipment, material, maintenance, improvements
- Your rivals and your competition, everything
If they drive a company car we will even look in the trunk to see the hidden time wasters – golf clubs and the like. The good news is that nearly every imaginable challenge and problem in the sales industry has a solution.
Thankfully for you, there is no need for you to reinvent the wheel or rely on guesswork.
What is learnt from these in depth analysis’s about your business is should be kept strictly confidential. Both parties should sign a Non Disclosure Agreement, because you wouldn’t like any of the matters discussed repeated to anyone either.
You can expect to enjoy increased sales.
Before you know it, your sales team will be fully systematized; the key people up skilled, motivated and working at capacity for your benefit. This means you can sleep soundly at night knowing that:
- All stakeholders will see progress
- Your role will be appreciated and elevated
- The sales support staff will be eager to satisfy the clients
- The clients will be eager to return more often
- The reputation and therefore the value of your organization will rise
- Quality salespeople will be queuing to join your team
- Staff turnover will drop
- Costly Lost sales will decline
- Sales Team and overall Staff morale will improve
- Recruitment will be easier
- Poor performers will be gone to become someone else’s headache